Why Choose Dugan's?
Reason #1: Our "Inner Circle" partnership with Vacation.com
Dugan’s Travels is a proud member of the Vacation.com President’s Inner Circle. As Dugan’s travel consortium, Vacation.com offers our agents exclusive marketing, sales, and training benefits—at little or no cost to you.
- Membership in Vacation.com’s Engagement program.
- Listing on Vacation.com’s Agent Snapshot.
- Access to special sales in CruisePro.
- Special amenity cruise sailings offering your clients extras they won’t find on the internet.
- Higher commissions with Vacation.com’s preferred suppliers.
- Technology with easy access to Vacation.com’s Agent Universe, CruisePro, Stream and Worldwdie Hotels, and VAX Vacation Access.
And last but not least, Vacation.com provides Dugan’s agents with excellent training opportunities. From the annual conference, to webinars, to on-demand training, Vacation.com has spot-on training for all agents.
Reason #2: We are a Family of Agents
Dugan’s is a nurturing environment that allows individuals the opportunity to grow and develop their own travel business. We don’t do it for you, but the management, staff, and our wonderful network of agents are all here to help you succeed.
Reason #3: Training
The best way to grow your business and become knowledgeable in this field is to train. Dugan’s Travels is proud to offer our agents Dugan’s University. www.dugansu.net has more information on our programs.
STILL NOT SURE IF DUGAN’S IS THE PLACE FOR YOU? HEAR WHAT OTHERS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THEIR EXPERIENCE.
For many years, my passion was to begin a career in the travel business as an agent. I had hoped to one day turn this business into a full-time career and retire doing what I love, yet I was unsure of the probability. Unfortunately, my full-time job provided minimal time for me to do what I loved – something would need to change in order to make this a reality. As I began taking steps towards my goal, my strengths in networking and relationship building became evident, along with my ability to plan unique and memorable experiences for various groups of people. After countless research, I came across Dugans, a host agency that works with home-based agents by empowering them to be successful through multiple avenues: networking, training, approach, and even amenities by association. Dugans is unlike other host agencies in that they desire their home-based agents to be as successful as possible, subsequently building their customer base and reputation and promoting success across every home-based agent's business. Furthermore, Dugans provides a client-based accounting program which can be utilized to keep track of clients, bookings, and commissions in order to aid their home-based agents with every detail of the profession. The decision to work with Dugan's launched me forward, providing me the capacity to work from home full-time, the skills to be more successful, and the luxury of traveling to beautiful destinations; it made possible the future I desired.
Brenda Kettlewell- BDD Travel
Thinking about joining Dugan's? Let me tell you how glad I am that I joined over six years ago.
I began searching and discovered the world of home based travel agents. As I researched the host agencies available to join, I kept coming back to Dugan's Travels. They had a good number of agents affiliated with them, the cost was reasonable, there was training and support available, and they included Errors and Omissions insurance. When I contacted several of the agents listed, they all responded in a positive manner so I made my decision to join Dugan's.
- The initial training I received from Dugan's was a wonderful introduction into what I needed to know to be able to book travel for people.
- The Dugan's agent page is a great source to utilize. The site provides a wealth of information and is especially good when you are beginning and not sure of things. You can ask questions of other agents as well as management and get answers and guidance from them.
- The freedom to work from home and keep my own hours is a welcome change.
- I am able to have my own name for my business and my own website.
- The ability to do other training through Dugan's, Vacation.com, and the suppliers is outstanding and user friendly. You can choose your own trainings in destinations or suppliers relating to what type of travel you are selling.
- Endless opportunities to attend conferences, seminars, webinars, and explore your own interests abound. You are your own boss, yet you have the support of hundreds of other agents.
- It is not simple being a travel agent. There is a lot to learn to do it well and much more involved than I initially imagined.
- I've learned how to run a business, keep records, market myself, and network with others.
- Some of the trips I've planned have been very complicated and time consuming, BUT once successfully completed, quite gratifying.
- Clients now refer me to others and wouldn't consider booking anywhere else for their own travel needs.
- Every day I learn something new ( I love that aspect of being a travel agent).
- The notes of appreciation I receive from clients for my efforts are heartfelt and sincere.
If you want to join a team that will help you, motivate you, and you are willing to give it your time and effort, Dugan's is for you. It's much more than a job; it is a calling that is rewarding, challenging, and fulfilling.
Gail Sotrines, Sotrines Travel
I wanted to share my personal experience with Dugan's Travel as a testimonial for anyone looking for a host agency. It was two and a half years ago that my wife had experienced two back to back lay offs and we began exploring other options for a professional career. We of course explored all kinds of options but kept coming back to our love of travel and having a flexible, work from home business option. Reading and researching led us to Dugan's Travel and immediately we were drawn to Jennifer's story and a willingness to teach others the travel business. From the start we were provided training support, materials, and contacts in case we had any questions and we were on our way! Fast forward a couple years and with new directions for my wife professionally, I now maintain our relationship with Dugan's. Here in lies my point about Dugan's as the best choice for us; despite doing this business on a very part time basis I have not been pressured to sell. I have been included in the community and allowed to participate as much or as little as I wish. As of November 2014, my life in the travel agent world changed forever! The reason was a Dugan's University Event; a bootcamp at Walt Disney World. Travel is relationship based business and it was my privilege to meet and create relationships with other Dugan's agents and 3 Dugan's staff members who came on the trip. Putting faces to names and seeing the Dugan's staff members passion for both travel and agent development made me realize I was no longer playing at the game of being a travel agent. Dugan's has made me a travel agent. How much I want to put into it is up to me but I know they will always be there. It does not matter if you are new to travel as a business or a seasoned vet, Dugan's should be your host agency! They are more than a host. They really think of you as a family"
Martin Mussey- M2 Magic Travel